1. Make sure you are doing good to God.
Do you meditate on the Word? Pray? Ask God what you can do to make Him happy. Thank Him. What's your motive for going to church? Is it social or do you go to worship Him? Would you treat your friends the same way you treat God?
2. Make sure you are doing good to your father.
Honor your father. The Bible doesn't say to only honor your father if he is saved. Show him respect by:
- Your attitude
- How you talk about him
- Your actions - Hebrews 13:17 [Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.]
- Do you do right, even when he's not there?
If you did have or do have godly parents, thank God for them every day.
3. Make sure you are prepared for the plans God has for you. We may plan what we want out of a good, godly man, but are we the woman that a man like that would want?
Titus 2:4-5 [That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.]
- Sober - Serious minded. Don't just play through life.
- Discreet - Marked by modesty. Proverbs 11:22 [As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.]
Modesty in our dress. Proverbs 2:11 & 12 [Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee: To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh froward things.]
Modesty in our conversation. Proverbs 11:13 [A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.]
- Chaste - Pure.
Physically I Thessalonians 4:3 [For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication]
In Our Conversation I Peter 3:2 [While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.]
- Good - I Timothy 2:10 [But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.]
I Timothy 5:10 [Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.]
Matthew 5:16 [Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.]
- Obedient - To anyone who has authority over you. Your father, husband, pastor, boss, & God, be obedient with respect. Hebrews 13:17 [Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.]